Building your own family can be an exciting adventure. You may face stressful situations and happy moments at the same time. But the reward you are getting will be worthy of the experience.
Some people decide not to pursue surrogacy because they think that the process is too complicated. What they do not realize is that you do not have to go through the whole ordeal alone. You can work with a reliable agency with the right knowledge and credentials.
It is crucial for intended parents to find the right surrogacy agency. You would want a trustworthy partner to assist you. Since you may have to work with them for a year or so, you need to be confident that you can trust the people working with you.
Here are some tips that can help you find a reliable and affordable surrogacy agency:
- Find out the services that they offer. Before choosing an agency, make sure you understand the services that are included in their surrogacy program. You should also know if certain things require the engagement of other service providers. Ask them how much these additional services may cost. If the agency tells you that they will not handle every step, ask them if they will help connect you with outside services.
You can find surrogacy specialists that serve as a one-stop-shop for their clients. It means that they will be the ones handling or coordinating everything. Some agencies, like Stork Service Surrogacy Center, offer a whole package. We will be there with you through the selection and matching process. We can also link you with a qualified lawyer, financial adviser, and psychologist. We can also handle the organization of your travel and accommodations.
- Check their reputation. A surrogacy agency needs to follow best practices in screening surrogates before they match them with intended parents. They should also be available when you need them. Your chosen agency has to be able to address your concerns in a timely manner. They should always make sure that all involved parties are physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared.
Another important consideration is its track record. Do they have a high success rate when it comes to matches? You should also check how long they have been on the business. Check their qualifications too.
- Ask for referrals, if possible. Talk with people who have been through the same journey to find out how you can prepare. You can also get recommendations from medical professionals. Discussing the legal aspect with a lawyer can help you make sure that you are well-protected. Checking online reviews from previous clients will give you an idea of how the agency works. There are also surrogacy support groups that can help you better understand the process.
- Ensure transparency. A critical issue for many couples is financial transparency. Some are left confused about the pricing structure of an agency. Getting accurate information will help you make informed decisions. If you feel like the specialist is withholding some pieces of information regarding the process or fees, then it may be best not to proceed with the partnership. A good agency does not only offer affordable prices, it should be able to explain in a detailed way how their services work.
- Prepare a list of questions. When choosing a surrogacy agency, it is necessary to consider various factors. Cheap prices are attractive. However, having quality service is more important. You can assess this when you speak with them. They have to be willing to answer your queries. Here are some questions you can ask:
- How long have you been in business?
- What is the success rate of your surrogacy services?
- How long will it take to get a match?
- How many intended parents and surrogates do you have in your database?
- Do you accept surrogates or intended parents of diverse backgrounds?
- Do you offer traditional and/or gestational surrogacies?
- Can you explain in detail your medical screening process for both surrogates and intended parents?
- What are your fees? What are the inclusions?
- Do you help with the legal paperwork?
- Understand the expenses. Knowing how much you need will help you budget properly. A reliable surrogacy agency will be honest about its fees. You would not want to end up with hidden fees that will take you by surprise when it is already too late. If you are talking with someone who is vague about how much you will have to pay, then you may want to look for other options.
Surrogacy can be expensive. However, you may come across companies that offer reliable services at a cheaper price. You may also opt for packages that include a comprehensive program.
Finding a reliable and cheap surrogacy agency requires you to do your research. This way, you can weigh your options well and come up with the best decision.